Brion Doherty’s practice is focused on trials involving serious injury and wrongful death. He handles cases stemming from auto, truck, and bus accidents, medical negligence, unsafe property conditions, construction injuries, dangerous products, and police misconduct.
Brion has obtained or helped obtain numerous favorable jury verdicts and settlements for his clients over the years. Highlights include:
- $5.225 million settlement (garbage hauler negligently injured resident-customer)
- $4.768 million wrongful death verdict (automobile accident)
- $2.25 million wrongful death settlement (automobile vs. pedestrian)
- $1.999 million wrongful death verdict (police shooting)
- $1.65 million wrongful death settlement (automobile vs. pedestrian)
- $1.375 million settlement (medical negligence – failure to diagnose)
- $1.3 million verdict (slip and fall injury)
- $1.35 million wrongful death settlement (automobile vs. pedestrian)
- $1.20 million settlement (medical negligence – failure to treat)
In addition to his legal work, Brion is active in several local and national lawyers’ groups. He is on the Tort Law Section of the Illinois State Bar Association, a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and is the former chair of the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Young Professional’s Board and the Chicago Bar Association’s Tort Litigation Committee. He has lectured on the topics of trial advocacy and litigation.
Brion has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers and a “Leading Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers Magazine. For years, he was a regular columnist for the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, a prominent legal newspaper in Chicago.
Brion obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin at Madison and his law degree from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago.